Laziness is the father of innovation. God bless the lazy soul who invented One-pot meals. These personally are my favorite go-to meals when I am cooking at home. One-pot meals are so easy to make and it comes with the added advantage of washing fewer utensils. What a relief during these lock-down times. So here is a recipe for amazing flavored full of veggie rice dish that I grew up eating at home. This one-pot rice meal is very wholesome and delicious. Here we go!
One-Pot Veggie Rice
- Pressure Cooker Or Pan
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup potatoes finely chopped
- 2 pieces chilies finely chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- 5-6 pieces curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- In a pressure cooker or a pan.Put some oil and add mustard seeds, wait for it to crackle.
- Then add some curry leaves. Let it sizzle for a minute
- Add all the vegetables in the pan, saute for 5mins. Let the vegetables be cooked till it becomes soft and tranparent.
- Add washed rice to it, Add 1 ½ cup of water.
- Add salt,turmeric and chilly powder to it.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook till the pressure cooker whistles twice.
- If cooking in a pan – cover it with a lid and cook it till the rice cooks.
- Garnish the rice with coriander and one-pot rice meal is ready to eat!
- You can eat the one-pot rice meal with raita or any pickle.
- You can add any vegetables you like in the one-pot rice meal.
- The one-pot rice meal can be cooked with either red rice or brown rice as well. Tastes the same.
Mushroom Spinach Pasta
- Pot Or Pan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- ½ cup onions julienne
- 1/2 cup mushrooms julienne
- 2 cup spinach chopped
- 2 cup pasta
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth Optional
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In a Pot or a pan, take some oil, add garlic to it and saute for a minute.
- Add spinach and cook it for 4mins, the volume of the spinach will decrease to almost half
- Add onions and mushrooms and let it cook for another 5minutes.
- Add pasta, salt, vegetable broth or water, and cream. Mix them all well.
- Cover the pot and let it cook for 10mins or till the pasta becomes al dente.
- Tada, One-pot pasta is ready. You can garnish it with some grated cheese and eat it
- Pairs well with garlic knots Homemade Garlic Knots Without Yeast
- If you are cooking the pasta with the store brought broth. Then add less salt as the broth will already have salt in it. If you are using water add more salt according to your taste.