Homemade Garlic Knots | How to Make Garlic Knots Without Yeast | Vegetarian Garlic Knots
These soft, buttery Garlic Knots are very easy to make. Dip and Garlic knots together are a sure shot party pleaser! You can make the Garlic Knots with leftover pizza dough as well. Make more than you want as these crunchy, fluffy, and buttery Garlic knots will be over before you know it.
So lets start making them…
Homemade Garlic Knots Without Yeast
- 1 cup flour wheat, all-purpose, almond, gluten-free
- 1 cup greek yogurt or hung curd
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- milk or egg white
- 1 teaspoon oil to apply on the tray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add half a cup curd first, mix it and then add the rest.
- Knead the dough till it becomes smooth.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. After resting the dough will have become airy.
- Now, divide the dough into two parts. Keep the first part covered.
- With the second part, make them into small round parts (Approx. 20 grams each).
- Roll them with your hands, and make it a long tube.
- Turn the tube and knot it.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180C (360F) and then put a parchment paper or foil on a baking tray. Apply oil to avoid sticking.
- Brush the knots with egg wash or oil. And put it for baking for approx. 20-25 minutes. (The baking generally varies depending on the size of oven)
- While the knots are getting baked, take some butter, chopped garlic, and mixed herbs in a pan and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Once the knots are ready, let it cool down for 15 minutes. (Though you will be tempted to eat it out) Apply the garlic herb butter on it.
- And voila, they are ready. The buttery garlic knots will be crunchy from outside and soft from the inside.
- Store the leftover dough in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in a sealed container. When ready to serve, preheat in the oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- If the baking powder has expired, the bread won’t rise.
- Knead the dough until there are no lumps.