Parle G biscuit and tea is one of the most popular combinations in India. The sheer joy of dipping the parle G biscuit in tea and making sure it is dipped enough that it does not drown in the tea brings back nostalgic childhood memories. So we decided to translate these memories and flavors combined into a delicious easy to make at home cake. This eggless cake has distinct flavors from parle g biscuits and ginger, cardamom tea baked together.
Chai Biscoot Cake
Chai Biscoot Cake | How to make easy tea biscuit cake | Parle G Tea Cake Step by step guide to making this"Chai Biscuit Cake". Instructional video to make a " Chai Biscoot Cake".
- 2 packets parle g biscuit
- 1 tablespoon tea
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 pieces cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 to 10 pieces cashew
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup milk
Making Milk Tea
- Add 2 cups of water in a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of tea powder, ginger, and sugar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Add 2 pieces of cardomon
- Let it boil for at least 5mins.
- Then add milk.
- Bring it a boil once and close the stove.
Baking the cake
- Take 2 packets of Parle G biscuits in a blender.
- Blend the parle G into a fine powder
- Empty the blended Parle G biscuit in a bowl
- Strain some of the milk tea to it.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence and 1 teaspoon baking powder to it,
- Mix well with a spatula.
- Add cashew and mix well.
- Check the consistency and add more tea to the batter if too thick.
- Now grease the cake pan with oil or molten butter. (Parchment paper tip)
- Pour the batter of Chai Biscoot cake on the pan
- Even it out, Tap the pan to remove air bubbles if any
- Put it in the oven on 200c for 15minutes
- Check if the cake is ready by putting a toothpick or knife in the cake. If the toothpick/knife comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- When the cake is ready, with a knife poke at the edges.
- Let the cake cool down
- Then put a plate on it and flip the chai biscoot cake on it
- Yummy, easy “Chai Biscoot” cake made out of 2 favorite ingredients “Chai” & “Parle G” is ready
- You can use any other biscuit
- Do not use cream-filled biscuits
- You can use earl grey tea or cinnamon-flavored tea
- You can skip the sugar and use honey