Rava Dosa/Semolina Pancake is a super crispy and tasty dish usually had for breakfasts or snacks in India. Rava Dosa/Semolina Pancake is healthier than a Dosa made only out of Rice batter. Rava Dosa/Semolina Pancake is packed with a lot of flavors from chilies, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and coriander. Make Rava Dosa/Semolina Pancake at your home with this easy recipe.
Crispy Onion Rava Dosa
- 1 1/2 cup fine semolina/rava
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour/wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 1/2 cup waters
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mix semolina/rava, rice flour, all-purpose flour/wheat flour, salt, and 3 cups of water. Mix everything well.
- In a pan, for tempering. Mix Oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and chilies. After they start sizzling then add them to the mixture.
- Add onions, add coriander leaves.
- Add more 2 1/2 cups of water and let it rest. Let it rest for at least 30minutes.
- After 30minutes, mix the batter well. The consistency should be watery.
- On the stove, place a pan on low flame
- Sprinkle some water on the pan, clean the pan, brush some butter on the pan
- Then pour the batter on it on the edges first. If the edges have bubbles you can pour it on the pan completely. If it does have bubbles, add more water.
- Once the bottom is cooked and crispy, carefully remove it.
- Yummy, crispy rava onion dosa is ready
- You can skip the onions if you want.
- The semolina/rava soaks water.