No Yeast Whole Wheat Bagel|How to make Eggless Bagel|Easy and Quick Healthy Bagel Recipe
When I was in the USA my go-to breakfast used to be Wholewheat Bagels with cream cheese. But was surprised to see that Bagels are not that popular in India. So I started doing some research and tried to figure a good recipe for the wheat bagel. That is when I a road blocker ingredient “yeast” for the Wheat Bagel. That is when I did this experiment of baking a Bagel without yeast. So here I am sharing the recipe with you’ll for the Bagels. This Bagel recipe is a vegetarian delight.
Homemade No Yeast Wheat Bagels
- 1 cup flour wheat
- 1 cup greek yogurt or hung curd(see notes)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- egg or milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add half a cup greek yogurt first, mix it and then add the rest.
- Knead the dough for the bagel, keeping jneasding it till it becomes smooth. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Cover the bagel dough and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. After resting the dough will have become airy.
- Knead the dough for another 2minute.Then divide the dough into four parts.
- Roll one part of the dough into long tubes.
- Connect the ends of the tubes. Now they should look lot like a bagel.
- Apply oil on the baking tray. Place the bagels on them.
- Brush the bagels with egg or milk. Drizzle some sesame seed on the bagel.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 200C (392F)
- And put bagels for baking approx. 35 minutes. (The baking generally varies depending on the size of oven)
- The Bagels will be crispy from outside but soft and airy.
- Cream cheese and wheat bagel are a match made in heaven. Also, you can pair the bagels with Turkish eggs
- Egg Shakshuka
- Bagel sandwiches
- Egg wash or milk wash is important as it will give a nice brown color to it the wheat bagel.
- Instead of greek yogurt, hung curd can also be used. Please strain all the water from the curd before using it.
- You can use different garnishing the Bagels as well, like dried onions, dried garlic, black sesame seeds.
- You can use any other flour you wish to, like all-purpose, gluten-free flour or almond flour to make the Bagels