Laziness is the father of innovation. God bless the lazy soul who invented One-pot meals. These personally are my favorite go-to meals when I am cooking at home. One-pot meals are so easy to make and it comes with the added advantage of washing fewer utensils. What a relief during these lock-down times. So here is a recipe for amazing flavored full of veggie rice dish that I grew up eating at home. This one-pot rice meal is very wholesome and delicious. Here we go!
One-Pot Veggie Rice
One-Pot Vegetable Rice Meal Recipe | How to make One-Pot Vegetable Rice | Easy One-Pot Masala Rice step by step guide to making this easy wholesome meal.
- Pressure Cooker Or Pan
- ¼ cup onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ¼ cup potatoes finely chopped
- 2 pieces chilies finely chopped
- ¼ cup green peas
- 5-6 pieces curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- In a pressure cooker or a pan.Put some oil and add mustard seeds, wait for it to crackle.
- Then add some curry leaves. Let it sizzle for a minute
- Add all the vegetables in the pan, saute for 5mins. Let the vegetables be cooked till it becomes soft and tranparent.
- Add washed rice to it, Add 1 ½ cup of water.
- Add salt,turmeric and chilly powder to it.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook till the pressure cooker whistles twice.
- If cooking in a pan – cover it with a lid and cook it till the rice cooks.
- Garnish the rice with coriander and one-pot rice meal is ready to eat!
What to eat with one-pot rice meal:
- You can eat the one-pot rice meal with raita or any pickle.
- You can add any vegetables you like in the one-pot rice meal.
- The one-pot rice meal can be cooked with either red rice or brown rice as well. Tastes the same.