“Hulk Paratha” that’s what my nephew exclaimed when he saw “Spinach Flatbread/Palak Paratha”. Palak Paratha is a very healthy dish since it is made from whole wheat and there are essential micro-nutrients that you get from the Spinach. When I make Palak Paratha for myself, I like to add garlic in it as well for an enhanced flavor. Palak Paratha is a perfect combination with any curry, dals, or for that matter tastes brilliant if had with some pickle. My favorite combination is pairing Palak Paratha with curd flavored with some salt and red chili powder! Here is a simple Palak Paratha recipe that you can easily try at home.
Palak Paratha | Spinach flatbread without yeast
Palak Paratha | Spinach flatbread without yeast| Hulk Flatbread step by step guide to making these healthy paratha's
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tabelspoon ginger paste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup wheat flour
- Clean and roughly chop the spinach
- In a blender, put the spinach, ginger, and garlic and make it into a fine puree. If require add 1/4th cup of water to it.
- In a bowl or flat plate, put wheat flour, salt, and oil. Mix everything well
- Start adding puree little by little. As you add the puree, mix with your hands, and bring the dough together.
- Once the dough comes together, start kneading the dough. Knead with the knuckles of your finger, applying pressure.
- Knead till the dough is smooth. the dough should be firm, shouldn’t be soft. Press the dough with dry fingers, it should leave an impression. I love the hulk green color dough.
- Roll the dough into small rounds ( Approx 15. Grams each). Make 8 Small rounds with them.
- Take one, Cover the rest. Roll it into round dough. There should be no cracks. Press the round dough ball and flatten it slightly.
- Sprinkle some dough below, place the flatten dough and roll it with a rolling pin.
- Heat the pan on low heat. Make sure the pan is hot enough before you place the spinach paratha on it.
- Cook till there are small bubbles on them. (will take 20-30seconds) At this point flip the spinach paratha.
- Once there are bubbles form on that side as well(will take 20-30seconds), apply oil on the cooked side, and flip again.
- Cook for 20seconds, apply oil and flip again.
- After 20seconds. Remove them from the pan.
- Tada, Soft Spinach Paratha are ready
What to eat with the spinach paratha/flatbread:
- Potato vegetable and curd.
- Spinach paratha/flatbread and pickle.
- Use as Spinach Tortilla and stuff with favorite fillings.
- Paneer Kofta
- Do not cook for longer, the paratha/flatbread will become very hard.
- If you the dough is too soft, add some more flour and knead again.
- You can keep a round vessel on the rolled paratha and cut it and give it a perfectly round shape, before cooking it.