Turkish Eggs Recipe | How to make Turkish eggs | Poached Eggs in Yogurt Sauce
I had gone to Goa to celebrate my birthday and we randomly bumped into this restaurant through Zomato suggestions called Cafe Bodega. I always like to experiment with new egg preparations and hence ordered Turkish eggs. The first bite of Turkish eggs and I went “Oh my god”. The garlic-flavored Greek yogurt and the smooth rich runny poached egg backed by the punch of the chili oil catapulted Turkish eggs right in my top egg dishes list. As easy as Turkish eggs looks, it is pretty technical to execute and might take a couple of attempts before you get the perfect Turkish eggs. But I can vouch that they are worth the efforts!
- 1 cup greek yogurt or hung curd
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter unslalted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- Put the yogurt on a double boiler
- Smash garlic on mortar and pestle. Add salt and garlic to it. Cook it for at least 10 minutes. The curd will change the constituency. It will become smoother and thicker.
- In a pan add some salted butter, let it melt on a slow flame. Once melted add oil and chili flakes to it.switch off the stove. Do not cook this on high flame, the chili flakes can be easily burnt.
- In a pan with a lid, heat some water. In a cup, put some vinegar and crack an egg. Place the cup in the water and cover it with a lid. Cook it for approx 7mins or till the white is cooked. Do not overcook it.
Assembly for turkish eggs
- First, put the spread in a bowl, add the eggs and drizzle the chili oil on it . After that garnish, it with spring onions or dill on it. The garnish gives a nice crunch.
- Tada, Yummy healthy turkish eggs are ready!
- A Buttered toast or a homemade bagel. No Yeast Whole Wheat Bagel|How to make Eggless Bagel|Easy and Quick Healthy Bagel Recipe
- You can use greek yogurt instead of hung curd. Just starting all the water from the curd
- Make sure the hung curd has no water left in it
- You can skip the poached eggs and make a sunny side up instead