Parle G biscuit and tea is one of the most popular combinations in India. The sheer joy of dipping the parle G biscuit in tea and making sure it is dipped enough that it does not drown in the tea brings back nostalgic childhood memories. So we decided to translate these memories and flavors combined into a delicious easy to make at home cake. This eggless cake has distinct flavors from parle g biscuits and ginger, cardamom tea baked together.
Chai Biscoot Cake
- 2 packets parle g biscuit
- 1 tablespoon tea
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 pieces cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 to 10 pieces cashew
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup milk
Making Milk Tea
- Add 2 cups of water in a bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of tea powder, ginger, and sugar.
- Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Add 2 pieces of cardomon
- Let it boil for at least 5mins.
- Then add milk.
- Bring it a boil once and close the stove.
Baking the cake
- Take 2 packets of Parle G biscuits in a blender.
- Blend the parle G into a fine powder
- Empty the blended Parle G biscuit in a bowl
- Strain some of the milk tea to it.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence and 1 teaspoon baking powder to it,
- Mix well with a spatula.
- Add cashew and mix well.
- Check the consistency and add more tea to the batter if too thick.
- Now grease the cake pan with oil or molten butter. (Parchment paper tip)
- Pour the batter of Chai Biscoot cake on the pan
- Even it out, Tap the pan to remove air bubbles if any
- Put it in the oven on 200c for 15minutes
- Check if the cake is ready by putting a toothpick or knife in the cake. If the toothpick/knife comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- When the cake is ready, with a knife poke at the edges.
- Let the cake cool down
- Then put a plate on it and flip the chai biscoot cake on it
- Yummy, easy “Chai Biscoot” cake made out of 2 favorite ingredients “Chai” & “Parle G” is ready
- You can use any other biscuit
- Do not use cream-filled biscuits
- You can use earl grey tea or cinnamon-flavored tea
- You can skip the sugar and use honey
These soft, buttery Garlic Knots are very easy to make. Dip and Garlic knots together are a sure shot party pleaser! You can make the Garlic Knots with leftover pizza dough as well. Make more than you want as these crunchy, fluffy, and buttery Garlic knots will be over before you know it.
So lets start making them…
Homemade Garlic Knots Without Yeast
- 1 cup flour wheat, all-purpose, almond, gluten-free
- 1 cup greek yogurt or hung curd
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- milk or egg white
- 1 teaspoon oil to apply on the tray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add half a cup curd first, mix it and then add the rest.
- Knead the dough till it becomes smooth.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. After resting the dough will have become airy.
- Now, divide the dough into two parts. Keep the first part covered.
- With the second part, make them into small round parts (Approx. 20 grams each).
- Roll them with your hands, and make it a long tube.
- Turn the tube and knot it.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180C (360F) and then put a parchment paper or foil on a baking tray. Apply oil to avoid sticking.
- Brush the knots with egg wash or oil. And put it for baking for approx. 20-25 minutes. (The baking generally varies depending on the size of oven)
- While the knots are getting baked, take some butter, chopped garlic, and mixed herbs in a pan and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Once the knots are ready, let it cool down for 15 minutes. (Though you will be tempted to eat it out) Apply the garlic herb butter on it.
- And voila, they are ready. The buttery garlic knots will be crunchy from outside and soft from the inside.
- Store the leftover dough in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in a sealed container. When ready to serve, preheat in the oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- If the baking powder has expired, the bread won’t rise.
- Knead the dough until there are no lumps.